Holistic health is a relatively a concept that is now gaining the attention it deserves.
Holistic health is an approach to life. Rather than focusing on illness or specific parts of bodies, this ancient approach to health considers the whole person and how he/she interacts with his or her environment. It emphasizes the connection of mind, body, and spirit.
This concept is four-dimensional, it focuses on –
- Physical State
- Mental State
- Emotional State
- Spiritual State
These parts of a human being work cohesively together to facilitate homeostatic, well-being for optimal health.
Employee wellness and holistic health go hand in hand. For an employee to do better and be better, he/she must be functioning well in all aspects of his/her life. Research shows that healthy people, both mentally and physically are more productive.
The main goal is to have a positive impact in the workplace and the implementation of holistic health makes it much easier.
As we live in the most unpredictable times, it makes it much more essential for us to be well in all aspects of our life and not just one of the four. This world is constantly changing and evolving and with it, we must too.
So here we bring you all and everything you need to practice and implement holistic health in your workplace –
- Yoga – The simplest example of holistic health. Yoga at the workplace has been shown to reduce absenteeism from sickness or other physical problems, boost company morale and improve communication skills among employees.
- Meditation – Meditation is a mind-body practice that’s been used for centuries to promote calmness, improve physiological balance, and improve overall health. Many studies have demonstrated how beneficial regular meditation can be on the mind and body.
- Acupuncture – The treatment has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. Practitioners use small, sterile needles to activate acupuncture points at various depts. It’s not painful and it’s meant to stimulate certain nerves that send a signal to the brain. The brain is then supposed to release neural hormones that naturally relieve pain. This increases your chances of workplace success and offers many benefits to boost your productivity. It may also reduce the physical and emotional impacts of an unhealthy or stressful work environment.
- Psychotherapy – This form of therapy usually focuses on the relationship of mind, body, and spirit, attempting to understand and address the ways issues in one aspect of a person can lead to concern in other areas.
- Exercise – Exercise can relieve a great amount of stress. Even 10 minutes daily of walking, running or any other activity can refresh your brain and help you have a productive day forward.
- Journaling – If you are someone who keeps a lot of emotions bottled up then this is for you. Journaling has proven to be a successful practice in letting out all the emotions that one feels. It helps you to introspect and understand so much more about yourself.
- Right diet – Food affects our body just as much as everything else does, maybe even more. A good diet can take a long way, a diet enriched with all the vitamins, proteins and nourishments makes your body feel good. When your body feels good, it listens to you. You are more energetic and able to work without your body having to keep giving up on you.
All these practices will ensure that your holistic health is on point. While we know many of us struggle to go back to our schedules, in-office work, these practices will make everything much easier. All you must do is implement these practices in your life.
Or just join us SlayLife and let us help you to be a better version of yourself. All you must do is visit our website and choose any course. We have brought new and innovative courses just for you!
So, what are you waiting for? Join us now!
Join us at Slaylife to read more blogs like these!